Friday, January 04, 2008

Because I Coundn't NOT Pay Attention

As noted below, this election cycle has me less inspired and more just hoping for a nominee for whom I don't have to hold my nose while voting.

Well...it's just round one, but two out of the three big winners on the Democratic side would suit me fine, and, to be truthful, it's not like I hate or despise Hillary Clinton, but I DO think the DLC is most definitely part of the problem.

I guess it remains to be seen how Obama will match his superb rhetoric with his actual record...as for Edwards, I was very impressed by him in 2004; his progressive campaign this time around is probably as much necessity as choice: with Clinton as the representative of the DLC and Obama now officially the rock star of this election cycle, the left lane is the only one still open.

On the, ahem, other side, well--Tristero urges us to beware the Ides of Huckabee...and while I could only stomach so much of Chuck Norris in the background, I was at least mildly relieved that "double the Guantanamo" and "subject, verb, 9/11" (sometimes skipping subject and verb) didn't muster much enthusiasm.

Still, I was shocked by just how plastic Mitt seemed--oh, sure, I knew/know he's as phoney as a three dollar bill, but watching his taped concession (petulantly delivered simultaneously with Huckabee--that'll hurt him)...geez: it was like watching a really, REALLY bad Reagan impersonator, but even more plastic. Almost as if he wasn't actually born, but instead refined from a petroleum-based polymer extrusion process and then either inflated or molded into shape.


Hydrophobic skin and hair

Oh, and one other thing: someone needs to sit Chris Matthews down and tell him he's NOT amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment