Monday, November 10, 2003

I apologize for lax posting over the weekend. Later today or tonight I hope to have some carefully thought out and edited remarks on an idea that's been on my mind of late. It will concern the War in Iraq and racism.

Wrote a comment over at Mary's site, with the main idea being that the war is, at its core, racist. Another reader/commentor considered this "demostrably untrue," although this person wanted to focus on other aspects of the post.

So, the post I'm working on will NOT be an attack. It will, however, look over the rationale(s) for the conflict.

Raising the charge of racism is not done lightly. This is a why I'm taking some time in composing. I'd also like to keep it short. Even a good post, like this one by Winston Smith, runs the risk of readers giving up before the conclusion.

Note: Winston's post concerns the Kim Du Toit, uh, essay, and I use the term essay generously. The post is very good, and is highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment