Thursday, February 26, 2004

Better Than Winning $6 ($2 Net)

I still haven't finished the post on Riverbend's site, but something compelled me to click on a link to The Angry Arab. I immediately recognized his photograph as the person I saw almost a year ago on the most boring hour of television (or so says Alexander Cockburn).

It might be the most boring hour of television, but Asa'ad Abu Khalil made for a most interesting ten minutes, even if he had to share the podium with the bland Ray Suarez and idiotic Danielle Pletka. Now that I'm aware of his blog, it will assume a prominent spot on my roll.

In addition to his thoughtful commentary regarding Middle East issues, Khalil seems also to be interested in Chicken McNuggets (I'll have to find out why), and encourages folks to "make miracles up" to support the campaign to canonize Mother Theresa--he claims his sink was "miraculously unclogged" in October 2003. Who says secular humanists have no sense of humor?

Re: canonization: Will Pope John Paul I eventually become the patron saint of Temps and Limited Term Employees?

No comments:

Post a Comment