Friday, March 05, 2004

Bring it On

Timshel cites a T-Pic article reporting a crowd of 2,000 at the John Kerry rally in New Orleans today. Not bad by NOLA standards. It would have been nice to see what sort of crowd John Edwards would have drawn.

Still, numbers like that ought to worry the Bushwhackers. My guess is that they're assuming a lock on the South, but if forced to spend time protecting the base, a lot of genuine swing states might end up in the Blue column. Sure, it's way too early to get a sense for a trend, but one can always hope.

Billmon has a nice summary of what might have well been a Friday the 13th for Dubya: poor news on the economy, the Plame investigation, his 9/11 ad campaign, and Iraq. He called it the trifecta, but with the 11:45 am update, it's more like Pick 4.

Update of my own: for some reason, I didn't sleep well last night, and was dragging until I seriously upped my normal coffee dosage...I'll be checking around for a few things to post about later on. One item I came across recently was another obituary for Paul Sweezy (from The Guardian, courtesy of As'ad Abu Kahlil)--it got me to go searching for internet items containing the following terms: automobilization Paul Sweezy. Interesting stuff. I'll try to plow through it and post as a Science Friday I guess--or you can take the search and roll with it if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment