Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Bremerized for Bush's Protection

The more I read about the cut and run "handoff" of "political sovereignty" to Allawi and the rest of the targets transitional government, the more I've been thinking that one positive element is the potential for a new addition to the English language:

Bremered, or Bremerized.

For example: "Jeez, I had NO idea what I was getting into on that Botany exam. I read the chapter, but all the questions were based on the lab work. Man, I totally bremered it--hell, I didn't even answer the last five questions and turned it in twenty minutes before they called time. I didn't have the first clue.

Or: "I bremerized my relationship. I knew we were going to break up soon, but I left last night. I just want some sleep now."

Another example: "My computer is completely bremered. I tried to clean up the hard drive, but I guess I shouldn't have deleted all the .dll files in the /winnt directory. Maybe it's still under warranty--then I can bring it to the shop, and hopefully they won't ask what happened. It'll be THEIR problem."

"My history teacher is so bremered. He never seems prepared and he's always fumbling through his notes during lecture."

"Cox cable is the bremer of information technology services."



No comments:

Post a Comment