Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Science Tuesday

And, no, it isn't about the transit of Venus, although I did stay up late to catch some of it on a webcast.

Instead, this, also from the BBC, purports to verify that the fabled city of Atlantis actually existed off the coast of Spain, until destroyed by a flood some 2,500 to 3,000 years ago. If true, it certainly would be a fascinating discovery, and a reminder that the ancient world has plenty of secrets.

But, I'm not entirely convinced. I looked at the photographs. Maybe they show the ruins of a city, but they could show natural morphology. I'll be keeping an eye out for more information.

Meanwhile--I'll be slow to post today. I've got a follow up doctor's appointment (nothing serious), and expect to be a little busy as well. If something NOT related to the deification of Ronald Reagan captures my attention, I'll put in my .00002 cents worth--or, if it is a particularly egregious attempt at deification (or canonization), I'll add my voice.

Back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment