Thursday, July 29, 2004

Welcome

Things have calmed here to the point where I can say hello and welcome to the two latest Louisiana bloggers I've been adding to my daily reading. From New Orleans, Jimmy Huck produces The Huck Update and you've gotta give the guy credit for dealing with the wingnuts in the comments section over at one of their sites. Mr. Huck takes the valuable approach of making sure he sees what the other side thinks, and I'll try to take that into consideration. It's difficult, though: I don't have the money to replace my computer, and I'm prone to angry reactions when confronted with the kind of idiotic reasoning found in publications like National Review.

I also want to point out Ian McGibboney from Lafayette, writing the wrongly titled Not Right About Anything, and, as I think I saw at Timshel, is also a reporter in the Hub City. Both are now listed on the blogroll.

If I can show some discipline this weekend, I'll try to get things organized on said roll. Oyster has the aptly named heading of "Pelicans" for the Loosiana folks, while Mary and Jeffrey (and Mr. Prado as linked to above) likewise have some reason to their links. I'm beginning to think that while chaos has its place (as anyone can tell from my writing), I'd like to at least offer the appearance of some degree of order...

That said, my blogroll isn't really the topic here--Messrs. Huck and McGibboney are. Take a look and you'll see that, if these folks are genuine natives of The Gret Stet, then they've proven it's possible to have creative, complex thoughts in spite of having to deal with the education system down here. And they're two more examples of why I think Louisiana is by far the most interesting state in the Deep South.

No comments:

Post a Comment