Wednesday, February 09, 2005

One Note re: Jeff Gannon aka JD Guckert

Any number of the big blogs have post(s), and they're all worth looking at--as I've been doing all day while denying that I'm sick--on the latter point, no, I can't call it a hangover...my Fat Tuesday was actually a sober one for the first time in years, since I was driving back yesterday evening (believe me, though, I made sure that Lundi Gras was celebrated, um, properly).

Anyway, the only point I'd like to make is that if the president was a Democrat, do you think it would be ignored by virtually EVERY media outlet? I can't find a single article on any mainstream news web site (America Blog says Wolf Blitzer will have/has had something late on his show). Since most folks stopping by know the Gannon details--or, if you're not familiar, click on any link above--I won't bore you with the details. But I can't imagine it would be ignored to this degree if this had happened during the Clinton era. Hell, we might've seen two or three rotting conservative pundits work themselves into heart attacks (come to think of it...). Consider--this is a situation involving potential criminal activity, it DOES involve deliberate deception by the Bush administration, Mr. "Gannon" Guckert, and who knows else, there's definitely the possibility that Gannon/Guckert was paid a la Armstrong Williams...but, from the press, almost nothing.

IIRC, Goebbels's major directives to Nazi propagandists were orders to...remain silent on one topic or another (source). Well, some things don't change, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment