Monday, July 11, 2005

Enormous Assholes Anonymous

Democratic Underground makes the appropriate suggestion that Brit Hume, Brian Kilmeade, and John Gibson should park their lard in a meeting room and play co-confessors for a while, considering their collective responses to the tragedy in London last week:

"My first thought when I heard," said Brit, live on air, "just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, 'Hmmm, time to buy.'"...

"I think that [the attack] works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened." ...

"If they had picked France instead of London to hold the Olympics...it would have been the one time we could look forward to where we didn't worry about terrorism. They'd blow up Paris, and who cares?"


And I think Paul Harvey deserves a dishonorable mention (DU has him at #7 of their Top Ten Conservative Idiots of the Week)...although, to be honest, I don't know if living corpses really qualify as EA's. Geez, won't SOMEONE in Chicago give the guy a decent funeral already?

I'm not real surprised Harvey would suggest the nuclear option in regards to Iraq and Afghanistan--that's pretty standard moonbat tripe. However, it's sad to note his glorification of smallpox blankets and slavery--twin evils I assumed most modern humans recognized as pretty appalling. But what do you expect from wingnuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment