Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's in the (e) Mail

Mike Brown sends email--too bad he hasn't the first clue as to how email is stored (hint: on the email server, idiot):

On Friday, Aug. 26, as the hurricane was making its way to Louisiana, Brown e-mailed his press secretary, Sharon Worthy, about his attire, writing: "Tie or not for tonight? Button down blue shirt?"

On Monday, Aug. 29, between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on the day the hurricane struck, Brown exchanged additional e-mails about his attire with Cindy Taylor, FEMA deputy director of public affairs.

Taylor wrote Brown: "I know its early, but … My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous -- and I'm not talking the makeup!"

Brown's reply was: "I got it at Nordstroms. … Are you proud of me?" An hour later, Brown added: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

Several days later, Brown received yet another e-mail about his attire. This time, Worthy instructed Brown: "Please roll up the sleeves of your shirt … all shirts. Even the President rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow. In this cris[is] and on TV you just need to look more hard-working … ROLL UP THE SLEEVES."

Brown also found time to send multiple e-mails about his reputation. Alerted by a friend, Howard Pike, that the media was investigating his tenure at the International Arabian Horse Association, Brown asked Pike to direct the media to people who would defend him: "Can you make the connections?"

Brown then forwarded Pike's message to Natalie Rule, a Department of Homeland Security press contact, and Lea Ann McBride, Vice President Dick Cheney's press secretary, saying: "Howard Pike is the former head of the Air Line Pilots Association and a good friend of mine. I'll get on my laptop and get his contact info shortly."

Brown also sent a message to Andrew Lester, an Oklahoma lawyer, asking him to call reporters about the issue.

On Tuesday, Aug. 30, the day after the hurricane struck, Brown sent an e-mail to his assistant, Tillie James: "Do you know of anyone who dog-sits? Bethany has backed out and Tamara is looking. If you know of any responsible kids, let me know. They can have the house to themselves Th-Su."

In his e-mail to Taylor on the morning the hurricane struck, Brown wrote, "Can I quit now? Can I come home?" A few days later, Brown wrote to an acquaintance, "I'm trapped now, please rescue me."


Poor guy. Wonder if the death and destruction affected his appetite. Oh, right--it didn't.

Consider: this is the guy whom Shrubusto praised--"heckuva job." In other words, Mike Brown is a Team Bush symbol of success. No wonder they act so unconcerned about the multiple clusterfucks they're presiding over...on the contrary, they think it's all been a smashing success. Guess they still think reality is something to be denied.

On other fronts: one more day of training class, then back to a semblence of normality, at least blog-wise. AND I've got the added bonus of being able to read/post from home. That's right--I've rejoined the wired nation after a brief absence. It's nice to be back.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment