Friday, June 30, 2006

I Propose a Constitutional Amendment


Since I might be slow to post come Monday and Tuesday, I'll wish everyone an early Independence Day celebration...and I've got one more modest proposal:

Instead of a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning, why not amend the Constitution to allow us, in the event of an energy emergency, the full right to burn or otherwise tap for fuel whatever that thing is on top of Trent Lott's head. The sheer volume of petroleum distillates that could be extracted from that particular hunk of polyester/polystyrene/polychlorinatedbiphenol could conceivably light up the entire Eastern Interconnection for a decade or more.

OK, it's not renewable. But it'd be a lot (no pun intended) better value than it's present use atop the former Majority Leader's thick cranium. Just sayin'.

I'll bet it's an excellent heat INSULATOR, too, probably R-40 or more. If you don't want to burn it, blow it through the attic and it might cut your heating bills by up to 30 percent.

Anyway...if I decide to go postless this holiday weekend--best wishes/Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment