Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mojo?


Eddy Allman is trying to revive Gris Gris again here in Red Stick:

Eddy Allman, who relocated from New Orleans to Baton Rouge after Hurricane Katrina, announced Tuesday at the DDD meeting that he will begin publishing Gris Gris Rouge, a community-oriented alternative publication.

The publication harkens back in name and content to Gris Gris, an alternative magazine that has been published on and off since the 1970s.

The first issue is coming out Aug. 1.


I don't know anything about Allman--maybe someone from NOLA can provide more info on him--but the original Gris Gris was my introduction to "alternative" publications...later, a friend of mine worked on the first attempt to revive the paper.

Red Stick has been without a high profile alternative weekly since The Gambit ceased publication, I think around 2001 or 2002.

As a confirmed reader (it's my one "addiction" that's actually good for me), I've gotta hope this will work...

No comments:

Post a Comment