Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote Early, Vote Often

Gret Stet civil servants get a day off work on 'lection Day, so I'm taking advantage of the time to take care of...the usual, pressing chores.

I decided to defy tradition and NOT vote early or often, but I'm about to head over to the local polling place and pull the lever press the buttons on the (grrr) Sequoia electronic vote tabulators. Alas, the 6th District is truly a Chamber of People's Deputies region, with NO Democratic candidate opposing the incumbent Rethug, Richard "We-finally-cleaned-up-public-housing-in-New-Orleans-we-couldn't-do-it-but-God -did" Baker. OK, to be fair, he tried to make up for this with the Baker bill, but the "We don't give a good goddamn about the Gret Stet" 109th and Team Bush swatted it down...

There IS a Libertarian candidate, who just might "exceed expectations," and achieve a moral victory of sorts. And we've got amendments to vote on...

Meanwhile, I actually didn't mind listening to George Michael for the longest I've EVER listened to him as part of this You Tube election video (h/t to my sister, who pointed it out to me)--actually, it's quite a powerful piece:



Also linked to here.

I guess everyone's already seen the reports re: problems with the voting machines...Again, grrr...

I'm also curious as to the whole Holy Joe Lieberman situation. Looks like he's gonna whine his way back to Washington, but I wonder how long it'd take for him to switch parties, especially if the Senate ends up in a 50-50 tie...

Back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment