Thursday, January 25, 2007

Another Alternate Universe Thing
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can you tell me how to get...the hell away from Haifa Street?

This alternate universe features the anti-Big Bird. Like his regular universe counterpart, anti-Big Bird isn't the sharpest tool in the shed...but he's also cynical, shallow, and prone to advocating senseless acts of violence.

Cheney's still just plain evil...because some things don't change, even in the alternate universe.

OK, enough of the silliness. Here's a dose of reality from Haifa Street...about as far removed from Sesame Street as, well, death from life (h/t) Steve Gilliard):

BAGHDAD, 22 Jan 2007 (IRIN) - “My name is Lina Massufi. I’m a 32-year-old laboratory assistant who works 10 hours a day just to make enough money to raise my children.

“My life has been like hell over the past three months. US and Iraqi soldiers have raided my house more than 12 times.

“My husband, Khalil, was killed during the US invasion in 2003 when he drove through a closed road and soldiers shot him dead.

“I live in Haifa Street, one of the most dangerous places to live in Baghdad today. The area is infamous for its huge number of insurgents. This is why Iraqi and US soldiers have increased their activity in the area, constantly raiding homes and arresting men for interrogation.

“Last month, they arrested my 23-year-old brother Fae’ek, who lives with me. He is a pharmacy student but nonetheless they took him and kept him in prison for more than a week - even after knowing he was innocent. He returned with signs of torture on his body and was crying like a baby because of the pain.


Here's the entire article. Cheney calls this "progress."

Cheney's a sadistic creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment