Monday, July 14, 2008

Cover Art


Here in the (red) sticks, issues of the New Yorker tend to arrive about a week late (that or the postman's reading my copies). And now that I subscribe, I don't like reading it online, because, you know, I don't want to spoil the experience.

Anyway...it'll probably be Friday before I get my hands on what's being described as "satire."

Okay. I'm not going to get too worked up about it...hell, if a New Yorker cover could somehow make the difference in what should be an Obama landslide, well...then we've got some REAL problems with the whole democracy experiment.

But I digress.

I decided to view the latest "satirical" cover as a challenge and came up with one of my own. Except--it's not satire. According to the president, it's Mission Accomplished.

But hey, he gave up golf. And that must've been doubly hard, what with Condi hitting the links and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment