Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Feeling Very Vice-Presidential
From 2Millionth Web Log


Sorry for the slow post Wednesday. I was feeling a bit under the weather and am at home...that said, I WAS feeling well enough to take care of some long overdue shredding of paper waste, as you can see above (actual shredder, although the document is merely simulated.)

A number of years ago, I was a genuine identity theft victim, and let me tell you, it's no fun: by the time I realized what happened, my "debt" was being held by a collection agency...they wouldn't even tell me what it was until, with the help of a lawyer friend, I threatened to sue them. And, for years, I was perhaps the only sentient citizen of the United States who couldn't get a credit card.

So...I shred pretty much ANYTHING that has my name, address, and/or account number. And I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. I'm also thinking of buying a chimnea just to be even safer.

Anyway...as usual, I got behind on this ongoing project...and the bags, boxes, and piles got WAY out of control. Finally, at this late date, I've become dedicated to correcting this.

Funny enough, I'm going to bet that the outgoing administration, particularly Fourth Branch, might well be working overtime with the shredders themselves. What a coincidence.

So, to keep myself company, I've been trying to imagine what Dick might say--between gutteral yet unintelligible grunts. Everything from "I appreciate your apology, Harry...but don't let it happen again," to "why don't you go fuck yourself, Senator Leahy" to my personal favorite, "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it would incriminate me." Oh, and a few others.

Tigger's reaction has been a mix and match of fear, loathing, and a bit of anxiety, so I think I've got it pretty close.

Catch up with y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment