Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thinking Strategically
From 2Millionth Web Log


Al Giordano makes some important point re: Obama's decision to not release the torture photos, the short version being that it really IS bigger than the immediate issue.

And I can't disagree with him. Sure, it's not exactly the height of transparency, and the expressed reason is unlikely to be the real reason for the decision...personally, I don't need to see any more pictures of ugliness to feel deeply ashamed at actions taken in the government's--and therefore my--name, although there's also a part of me that thinks there will be an 'out of sight, out of mind' element that argues in favor of the photos' release.

Well, Giordano thinks eventually they'll be leaked or released at some point anyway.

But he's correct in noting that the issue is much, much bigger...and instead of trying to summarize any further, I strongly recommend the entire post.

Oh, and again, sorry for the late start. Will see if I can catch up...

No comments:

Post a Comment