Saturday, December 06, 2003

Florida Democratic Convention

My feelings about Howard Dean are ambivalent--if he IS the nominee, sure, I'll vote for him, but I'm not really a Deaniac. However, let's give credit where credit is due.

This evening, on C-Span, Dean and Dennis Kucinich held a Q and A with convention goers. I think Dean hit the nail on the head when he pointed out that the Bush Administration paints the conflict in the Middle East as one between Fundamentalist Islam and the West. Wrong. The conflict is between Fundamentalist Islam and Moderate Islam, and Bush's policies benefit the former, not the latter. Good point, Governor.

Oh--and this link from Atrios is interesting. Check out the "ad" for Congressman Dennis. As far as his chances to be nominated/elected, I think it's somewhere close to absolute zero--but as long as he's in the race, why not use the exposure to attack a fundamentally immoral policy. Al Giordano makes some good points regarding Kucinich here.

And on that note, I'll probably be closing down for the evening. Saturday night is Saturday night, even if there's plenty of chill in the Southern air. At least there's no snowstorm to fight like they've got on the East Coast. I spent enough time battling winter when I lived up in Wisconsin. Don't miss the white stuff at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment