Monday, December 01, 2003

I'll be posting for real a little later, but I wanted to put something down just for the sake of good habits. The vacation from web logging was nice, but I didn't set this up to be a once-in-a-while project.

Have also been a little out of the loop on current events--that's what happens when you spend a few days away from an Internet connection.

My car survived the trip to New Iberia--just barely. There is a problem with the transmission which prevents it from shifting into overdrive on the highway, so I was stuck going between 55 and 60 for the round trip. On the way down, that wasn't much of a problem. The heavy rains and high winds made for treacherous driving conditions. Driving back was fine, weather-wise, but other factors made for issues.

Other factors=the large number of ignorant drivers here in Louisiana--between tailgating, not maintaining safe clearance when passing, and just plain driving too damn fast for the conditions (watched a couple of people spin out on Highway 90 aka Blood Alley on Thursday). You'd think flood conditions (more than a half foot of standing water in some places) would impress upon folks the necessity of adjustments for weather. But, as my sister noted, too many people use their squirrel-brain once behind the wheel.

I told her that was a terrible insult to squirrels...

No comments:

Post a Comment