Thursday, January 08, 2004

Busy Again

Will try to post a couple of things later today, but am once again learning that work is work--arbeit ist arbeit. However, I've got a followup to the Catching Up post below (regarding Ken and Social Security), and some comments on last night's Nightline, which featured Colin Powell --hint: Richard Perle and the rest of his neo-con white trash are trying to frame public discussion on Iraq to the extent that POWELL, for chrissakes, is their concept of the leftward limit of effective debate. Also, because Nightline is pretty slow in producing the transcript, I took the initiative of writing down as many Powell quotes as I could get--at least between bouts of incredulous snickering over his tortured justifications after the fact for the whole debacle. Some of these you really needed to hear on your own, but I'll do my best to present them in the spirit of the Koppel interview. And, don't worry: Koppel will get his share of proper treatment. Hell, I might have to adopt "journalist" Ted--see a post below about this--if he really qualifies as a journalist.

But back to work here. Later, I'll be heading out with a few friends for an early start to the weekend, but I really hope to get some of this stuff down this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment