Thursday, February 19, 2004

Belated Thanks

To Tlachtga, or The Sound and the Fury, Signifying Nothing, for including me on her blogroll. I keep my eyes open for her Celtic News Updates, which always manage to link to something that amazes me (the link above made for an interesting article about the comet of 536 CE, and the subsequent crop failure in Europe--along with possible plague--which further made for more google searches about the same).

Today, this got my attention: the Jesus Puppet. Checking out the link, I came across something even better, in my mind (alas, though the thumbnail picture doesn't expand to regular size on my computer): the Devil Puppet:

This devil hand puppet is flame retardant and hand washable. He is all red with a black goatie and black cape. The head, arms, and hands are foam filled with a strap in the mouth to insure grip and just right for the beginning puppeteer though large enough for the adult hand. Made of sponge backed fabric (velour tricot) this puppet meets U.S. child safety standards. Standing 16 tall it is perfect for those classroom programs.
(emphasis mine)

Flame retardent, eh? Must come in handy in hell, no pun intended...emailed the link to the website over to my sister who replied back that, while Satan may wear velour tricot, his minions are probably decked out in 100% polyester...

No comments:

Post a Comment