Friday, January 14, 2005

The "Screw it and Start Over Option"

Re: the post below, I managed to get the RAID stuff configured, but other issues came up--so, I'm starting over. And, I have an official excuse to get rip roaring drunk this evening.

At the same time, as fucking annoying as it is, re-installing the server OS and configuring the goddamned box is feasible...I made a mistake during the install (technically, I followed the instructions we've set up, even to the point of loading a local security policy despite my misgivings. The policy rendered the local admin account unusable--even in safe mode. Damn).

Now, I'm going to learn from that mistake--and strongly suggest that the particular instruction be changed.

If only political policies were so easy...then again, even if they were, the learning from your mistake part is pretty goddamned important.

If I'm not back later tonight, I'll probably have something this weekend (for a change).

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment