Monday, May 14, 2007

Life Imitates, um, For Lack of a Better Term, "Art"


When I saw (via Cursor) the the headline and first paragraph of this story

Now that moderate Republicans have told President Bush that time is running out on his Iraq policy, he'll have to demonstrate real progress in a matter of months or face choices that range from the highly unpleasant to the nearly unthinkable.

...my first thought was that finally they've managed to make the real news as unpalatable as the range of opinion on bobblehead/pundit talk shows. Well, continuity of product is normally considered a good thing, I guess.

Of course, given that this is, in contrast, the Middle East, I wonder if the patrons and mavens of conformity are still thrilled to death, no pun intended. Hmmm...maybe I should say thrilled to death for American soldiers and untold numbers of Iraqis, not to mention the figurative death of a somewhat rational and coherent policy. But I doubt they care all that much about anything short of their investment portfolios.

No comments:

Post a Comment