Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I Guess Size Does Matter


And no, I'm not posting this to whoop it up--if anything, I'm inclined to agree that Jefferson and Orleans Parishes might be undercounted. Not that I've got evidence, but I just FEEL like I'm in a bigger city when I make it down to, well, New Orleans (about the only place I'll stop at in Jefferson Parish is Martin Wine Cellar or maybe a gas station if I'm low on fuel).

What's sad, though, and a little infuriating, is that apparently the estimates have an economic impact, i.e., parishes will be in contention for federal funds based on these estimates...but of course the real crime is the billions of dollars being wasted on Shrub's Mesopotamian Folly, which would be better put to use in...Jefferson, Orleans, EBR, or pretty much any county/parish in the US.

Oh, and in other news, I guess bribery is sort of a family thing with the Jeffersons. Maybe we can ask them if it really IS better to give than receive...

No comments:

Post a Comment