Monday, April 19, 2004

One Toke oh for the Line, Sweet Jesus

Jeffrey over at Library Chronicles notes both the last day of French Quarter Fest AND the opening of the Canal St. Streetcar line.

FQF, in his words, "is what Jazz Fest ought to be." After seeing the references, I'll second the motion. Damn, wish I'd known about this, even as I THINK, but can't be sure, that my sister, a former denizen of the Crescent City, mentioned this before. I gotta start making better plans.

As for the Canal St. line: hey, if this even works for semi-tourists like me, all the better. One good bit of news: it looks like the line will run 24 hours. Nothing like a system shut down to screw up drunken plans.

Check out Jeffrey's site for more links--here's the main site for NORTA, while LibraryChronicles references a more specific site.

No comments:

Post a Comment