Friday, May 28, 2004

I Got to Work Late, and I Still Wasn't There

It's good practice to start with the basics--now I know why. I just spent fifteen minutes dealing with a printer problem that wasn't.

Three people over at one of the offices got new computers. They called in to report they couldn't print. I actually noticed the tag on the "problem" printer had a different IP address than the one listed in the control panel, but it didn't register until I decided to check a different unit to see if the problem was with the users' computers, the printer itself, or the network. Sure enough, the second printer I checked had about sixty test pages. "Problem" solved.

BTW--you know why we call them users? Because sometimes they act like they're on drugs. And I feel like I had a toke or two myself after realizing it took me fifteen minutes to figure out the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment