Monday, May 24, 2004

Welcome and Thanks

Finally, I've managed to overcome a level of inertia matched only by a massive block of granite. This morning I've added three blogs to the roll: LSU Blog, who, aside from having a progressive point of view, knows where Chelsea's Cafe is located. Chelsea's has the best music within walking distance for me. I'd also like to note Hubert Humphrey High, who has been stopping by here and there. BTW, ccanary, I've got an Indiana connection via my father, who grew up in Columbus. Trivia: Hubert Humphrey graduated from LSU Law School, and supposedly lived at the old Ghetto Apartment Building on Chimes Street. Until the early 1990's, a student could rent a ten by ten foot room (with kitchenette and bathroom squeezed in) for $100 a month.

Finally, a hello to Oyster over at Right Hand Thief in New Orleans. I'll leave it at that, lest anyone recognize a certain degree of envy--he lives in New Orleans, has a lot of progressive ideas, and writes well. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in Baton Rouge, and have been seeing a steady decline in the quality of my posts--hence, I took the weekend off, hoping for some inspiration.

So, welcome, and thanks for stopping by as well as posting. I'll be hitting your sites here and there, always on the lookout for good writing--and y'all don't disappoint.

Back to regular posts in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment