Monday, June 27, 2005

Ranting and Roving

Saw this over the weekend--Collective Sigh counts the ways Rove is...right?

When Karl Rove said liberals don't understand 9/11 and the consequences, he's perfectly correct. There are a lot of things I don't understand.

I don't understand how the Bush administration missed all the warning signals that an attack was about to take place.

I don't understand why security wasn't tightened up.

I don't understand why Bush sat in an elementary school classroom listening to children read while his nation was under attack.

I don't understand why, when we had al-Queda and the Taliban on the run, we didn't stay hot on the trail and finish the job.

I don't understand why the American people weren't asked to enlist in the military, pay higher taxes to pay for the war, or allowed to participate in any way besides going shopping or putting a "Support the Troops" decal on their cars.

I don't understand why, with the billions of dollars necessary to get the 9/11 perpetrators, Bush insisted on tax cuts for the wealthy.

I don't understand why Bush was so hell-bent on war with Iraq.

I don't understand why Bush continues to listen to bad military advice.

I don't understand why anyone would think torture and abuse of prisoners is "okay".

I don't understand why Karl Rove still has his job. He may be doing everything right, as in "right-wing", but "right" certainly doesn't mean "moral".

No comments:

Post a Comment