Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Almost Missed This

Like everyone else, I was wondering if Pat Robertson had gone off on a crystal meth binge with his chest thumping re: Hugo Chavez (I'll admit this--Pat's rant is a STRONG indicator of a distinctly UN-evolved individual, which perhaps explains his antipathy towards things Darwinian).

But taking one more look at the Post article I noticed this off-handed remark about Operation Soon to Be an Islamic Theocracy:

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator.

Which, amazingly, kind of sums up the whole sorry state of affairs.

I doubt Robertson fully understands the significance of his statement--I believe it's more akin to "a blind pig will stumble upon an acorn now and then." And, like most of the wrong-wing persuasion, he ignores the cost in lives literally shredded (US and Iraqi)...which once again makes ME wonder just exactly what sort of mail order operation ordained him.

But I'll give Pat one smidgen of credit--before I blast him yet again for being a vicious, batshit insane fuck. Rot in hell, "reverend."

No comments:

Post a Comment