Friday, January 12, 2007

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

First, I've been spending my morning reading about yesterday's demonstration. I also saw b.rox on television last night--which was quite the coincidence: usually, as I commented over at YRHT, it seems as if whenever I tune into CNN the space-alien/insect visage of Larry King fills my screen. The change to the very human sounding Bart made all the difference.

Now, to the bad:
Perhaps a few folks who stop here have been following, to some extent, the situation with Spocko--more here, here, and at First Draft, so I'll assume you're familiar with the details. It was nice to hear that Spocko--who's actually stopped by my humble site and added a comment a few times--was vindicated. After all, he was excerising his right to fair use AND free speech in opposing hatemongers, modern day Father Coughlins polluting the airwaves...which brings me to, um, the ugly...

I don't normally practice self-censorship...but for some reason today I'm actually questioning my own judgement and taste...maybe it's because Spocko and BlogIntegrity sound very reasonable...while my latest effort is perhaps more of the "fight fire with fire" variety. Anyway...here it is--and you can decide for yourself (to be honest, it's also not my best technical effort either, but...). Let's just say my inspiration was based on something I wrote in a comment at First Draft last night: that Melanie Morgan might want appropriate cheese for her whine. Knock yourself out, Melanie...literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment