Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Like Buying a Car, But Not Budgeting for Fuel

...or maintenence...or repairs.

Talk about whack--sad to say, there are some on the lesser-of-evils-side-of-the-aisle who, for whatever reason, choose to play along with the loons. Case in point: watch this video of Congressman David Obey (D-WI). I found the link here.

David Swanson, who furnished the video, has his own observations that are worth a look. As for me, once again I'm not-as-astonished-as-I-should-be...but my blood pressure rose a notch or two. First, Obey's tone is awfully patronizing and condescending, particularly considering who he's speaking to: the mother of a Marine about to begin his THIRD combat tour. Second, he DEFENDS the idea of using supplementals for fighting wars...as if $400 BILLION plus--or the equivalent over the last 50 years or so, that is to say, more than the rest of the world spends on 'defense' COMBINED--somehow ISN'T enough.

Also, fighting this war of choice off-budget (and with private 'security' personnel...hmmm...in other words, more misplaced faith in private sector 'efficiency')...anyway, going off-budget is yet another example of a level of cynicism matched only by an astounding level of penury when it comes to dealing with domestic issues...like, oh, I don't know, maybe the US Gulf Coast, which also supplies a significant percentage of US energy.

Well, I see Obey has at least released a 'sorta culpa' apology. I guess that's why I consider Democrats to be the lesser-of-evils.

But that's still one hell of a grading curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment