Friday, August 24, 2007

Correction

A couple days ago I posted a picture/post titled "Dada as Official Policy," commenting on Dear Leader's bizarre decision to embrace the "Iraq-as-Vietnam" analogy after four years of haughtily eschewing it. Well, desperate people do desperate things, I guess...

However, in my own haste and distraction, I made a mistake in portraying the Boy Chimperor, and I hope you don't mind a small explanation here: finding a photo of Duchamp's, um, installation was easy enough, but my aim and intent was to show Shrub, in equally absurd form, dancing on the head of a pin. OK, so I got that, but then screwed up the critical element: pins are the size of...pins, not knitting needles, and I should have adjusted accordingly, which would then require some adaptive optics--like this:

The Freeance and Peance Promenade

Ah, I feel better now.

Believe it or not, the first picture had been bugging me since about an hour after I posted it--I don't mind making mistakes, but not really glaring ones.

Back in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment