Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Absolutely
From 2Millionth Web Log


Via LG&M, a letter I'd like to see as well.

Tell you what. I’ll make you a deal. I’ll apologize for smoking pot when every politician who ever did drugs and then voted to uphold or strengthen the drug laws marches his ass off to the nearest federal prison to serve out the sentence he wants to impose on everyone else for committing the same crimes he committed. I’ll apologize when the sons, daughters, and nephews of powerful politicians who get caught possessing or dealing drugs in the frat house or prep school get the same treatment as the no-name, probably black kid caught on the corner or the front stoop doing the same thing.

The drug war is an abomination to anyone who is honest about a belief in personal freedom. Period. And I don't care if Michael Phelps--or anyone--smokes pot. It should be legal anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment