Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day
From 2Millionth Web Log


Oh, and just to get something off my chest, speaking personally but perhaps some of y'all can relate. As someone on the liberal/left side of the political spectrum I don't "hate America," but I most certainly despise ignorant, sadistic wingnuts...wingnuts like Dick Cheney (and "chip off the block" Liz), certified cretins Karl Rove and Newt Gingrich, etc., and so on.

Unlike most wingnuts, I don't think of the men and women serving in our military (and I'm the child of a career military officer) as disposable soldiers, mere fodder for wars of choice.

And I don't think playing rhetorical games with matters of vital importance for peoples' lives even begins to resemble a viable political strategy. I think it stinks.

Wingnuts are NOT America, and they have no right to claim America as theirs. They're deeply sick and/or sickening individuals who seem to enjoy either capitalizing on the misery of others, or wish to make others as miserable as they are.

Anyway...Here's to those men and women in the military who gave quite a bit more to their country than wingnuts ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment