Monday, April 07, 2008

Remembering Dr. Morris

As I noted last week, fate allowed me the privilege of actually meeting Ashley Morris only a few times...but those few times made it clear why so many of his friends have written so eloquently of him. You can link to two wonderful rememberences of Ashley here, and, if you can afford it (despite these uncertain times), please consider a donation to his family.

Over at YRHT there's a post with a picture that reminded me of a less serious moment--he had posted a picture of himself with Kathleen Blanco, and suggested that he had (as I noted in comments over there) an anti-bandwagon effect...I forget if he solicited any additional pictures himself, but I figured if that WAS the case, why not go all out? If I remember, Varg did some as well, and, to be honest, this degenerated to the point where I actually...downloaded a picture of Britney Spears (that's at my home pc, but still...hang my head in shame).

Alas, the effects of a photo are different from the effects of a photoshop.




And...slight change in topic--I remember a very kind comment he wrote over here just about a year ago...thanks, Ashley. I really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment