Monday, May 04, 2009

Thank You, Neil

My sister took this picture. From my vantage, Neil looked MUCH smaller, but at least we could hear him, once the sound mixing got straightened out.

Not quite ten years ago I saw Neil Young at the Saenger, driving through quite the storm in order to make the show. Yesterday it was Neil first and then the rain, which set off the controlled chaos of thousands fleeing for various enclosed tents...I managed to find shelter at the blues tent/watch Buddy Guy.

The title comes from the Saenger show--someone who appeared to be quite a few sheets to the wind made a point of (loudly) thanking Neil after each effort. Must've thought that, sure, he'd be heard from his perch in the upper balcony aisle.

Well, I heard him. Maybe that counts, sort of.

Anyway, while I didn't melt, and absolutely enjoyed the show ("thank you, Neil--and thank you Buddy"), I can tell you that the change to dry clothes ranks right up there as one of the day's/evening's highlights.

And am looking forward to 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment