Monday, January 19, 2004

Congratulations to Today in Iraq

The site's traffic topped the 100,000 mark over the weekend. Here yankeedoodle explains his purpose. A small excerpt:

As I watched the US press coverage of the run-up to the war, I realized that the American media is incapable of following a story beyond a 24-hour news cycle, and they will only cover a story if there is dramatic film footage. As a result, the media only covers specific events in a selective fashion. They don't cover patterns...

I've only got two rules. (1) Every soldier killed or wounded gets a specific entry that gives his or her name and something about their lives. When I do my daily news searches, I look for those stories first. (2) Every attack on a US soldier, Iraqi policeman, car bombing, or other act of insurgency gets preceded with "Bring 'em on" in memory of the belligerent fool who invited those attacks.


The comments on the media are about as accurate as it gets. As to noting the individuals who've been killed or wounded, compare this to the form letter send out by Bush--and the closing of Dover Air Base to photographers, and the fact that Bush hasn't attended a single funeral for any of the soldiers lost in the war.

Today in Iraq is on my list of must read websites, and I encourage everyone seeking news about the war to visit the site often.

No comments:

Post a Comment