Thursday, October 21, 2004

Drug War

Riverbend has some interesting remarks about Iraqi pharmacopia--both legal and illegal--as well as what you do to stay calm when combat rages all around.

That's another thing that angers me about the wingnuttery regarding the debacle--they don't seem to have the first clue as to what modern war entails. No, I don't have personal evidence either, but at least I try to imagine the consequences of dropping multiple 2,000 pound bombs, smart or not, into an urban area. I try to consider the implications of clusterbombs in a confined space. I at least contemplate the noise of tanks, RPG's, assualt rifles, machine guns, and the potential destruction these devices can wreck on a region. Wingnuts don't care at all. Instead, they come up with more and more ridiculous analogies to justify the loss of life, the injuries, and the carnage--while they sit comfortably at their desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment