Friday, April 16, 2004

Blogger is a Free Service

So I guess there's no whining when it works like an '81 Chevette with clutch problems. I've had problems viewing recent posts. Am wondering if their servers have been either affected or otherwise modified due to recent virus threats.

I cleared out temporary internet files and days to keep pages in history in Internet Explorer on my own machine, and this seemed to work. Unfortunately, it means that I now have to remember all the websites I hit. I guess I could use bookmarks and/or the blogrolls, which is a small head start.

Otherwise, can't say much just yet--last night I watched the Rumsfeld follies on C-Span. I think the mainstream press publicized some of his remarks, and it certainly looks like he's aged about a decade in the last twelve months. I guess creative lying is hard. Rumsfeld (I almost typed Rumsfol--i.e., Rumsfolly--a fitting slip of the fingers) was followed by an odd group of generals decked out in battle fatigues (one four-star, three three-stars), like they were going to take the next plane out of Andrews and hit the beachhead fighting. Alas, they were only the muscle of the team, and managed to bark their way through a few answers about troop rotation before heading off stage.

Looked like a pack of dobermans.

No comments:

Post a Comment