After making my previous post, I decided to check out a little more of Needlenose, and came acrossthis:
Courtesy of a commenter, Ga6thDem, at Daily Kos:
Pentagon officials now believe they have been unable to locate Osama bin Laden because he has found a place in which to hide where:
(1) it is easy to get in if you have the money;
(2) no one will recognize or remember you;
(3) no one will realize that you have disappeared;
(4) no one keeps any records of your comings and goings; and
(5) you have no obligations or responsibilities.
The analysts are still puzzled, however, as to how bin Laden found out about the Texas Air National Guard.
Still, they might want to check for Osama in Alabama, but not necessarily at a military base. My own suggestion would be to look around Birmingham for people talking about a certain "Saudi Souffle."