Monday, August 29, 2005

Reassessment

Looks like I'm luckier than I thought--just down the road, lights are still off, and there's a lot more tree debris. Haven't seen any footage yet from St. Bernard Parish, but I'll keep an eye out.

On the other side of Red Stick, my brother apparently had some siding peel off his house, but he was able to retrieve it.

Otherwise, well...the convenience store just down the road is open, and they're doing brisk business...including my own. Yeah, with nothing else to do this evening (most stores are still closed), well...besides, work is cancelled tomorrow.

Came across this "blog" on da Paper--the latest update says Antoine's lost a wall (not that I'd be dining at Antoine's anyway, but hey, I'm not going to gloat--Antoine's is a city institution).

When I find out more, I'll update.

No comments:

Post a Comment